Friday, April 26, 2013

Letter lunches

This week Charlotte (4) had her last ballet class of the session.
So, during class, we got to sit inside the class and watch/video her as she danced.

I thought her sister (2) was enthralled and enjoying every moment - and she kind of was.
Until we left.

She promptly looked and me and said "We did NOT learn a new letter".
Oops!
It hadn't occurred to me that the 40 minutes of uninterrupted time she gets each week from me as her sister takes ballet (during which we learn a letter of the alphabet) was more important to her.

For the last 48 hours, she has been constantly asking me when we are going to learn a new letter.


So, after we got home from the grocery store today, I decided I needed to pull a rabbit out of the bag or I was going to be on Adelyn's grumpy side.

As the girls played outside, I made a special "M" lunch :)


 We have alphabet cutters that we use with playdough (which are awesome) so I pulled that cutter out and went to town on a variety of things I found in my fridge & cupboard.

Tortilla, turkey and cheese M's (stacked like a sandwich), along with fruit leather, nutrigrain bar and snapea crisps :)

These are an easy buy when learning letters!

A happy customer :)

Of course to drink, we had "M-ilk" 

With letter punches, you could make letter lunches any time. 
You could even pack them, if your kiddo goes to pre-school.  
Especially if they have certain letter days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment