Sunday, August 11, 2013

Being a member of a family team!

Today, this miraculous thing happened!

Joe was cutting the grass and I was doing a mass cleaning of our main floor shelf system and "that counter" - the one that is a black hole for everything in your family!

Adelyn had passed out during a time-out from a late night and early morning.  It was lunchtime and Charlotte kept telling me she wanted a snack.  I kept saying it was lunchtime, but my sweet girl could see Mom was in the middle of a project and not fixing lunch!

Then, this miraculous thing happened.  Instead if whining at me, she opened the fridge, then the bread drawer and began making sandwiches.


I kept working and she climbed up, grabbed plates and began setting the table!


She decided she wanted raspberries with sandwiches, and fixed everyone's plate.



She went to the sink and fixed herself a water!


We have 4 members in our family and my 4 year old thought about each of them and provided lunch for them.  

It made me reflect a little - is it so bad that our kids have to wait sometimes while we are busy with a task?  

If I responded to my kids immediately every time they wanted something, would I be doing them a disservice?

1 comment:

  1. Waiting can be a hard thing - especially for kids but sometimes it causes them to be more resourceful than they would otherwise be. Good work Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete